According to a study conducted by the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, having belly fat may result in difficulty in breathing. Apart from primary contributors like smoking and diabetes, a large waist can impair lung function, causing a possibility of inflammation in the chest area. The researchers defined abdominal obesity as having a waist circumference of greater than 35 inches for women and 40 inches for men.
Posts Tagged ‘obesity’
Obesity causes poor metabolic health and bad sex. Female sexual dysfunction affects more than 40% of American women and causes problems with sexual desires, sexual arousal, lubrication, orgasm, sexual satisfaction and pain during sex.
Unhealthy lifestyle due to lack of execises, poor diet, obesity, stress and smoking is at the heart of the problem. Exercise is the key to preparing your body for sizzling sex. In the short run, it makes you pump out hormones that increase sexual arousal, boost blood flow to the sex organs and prime the mind for love. In the long term, regular exercise reduces body fat and improve metabolic health, which enhances genital blood flow during sex, increases energy levels, improves physical attractiveness and promotes self – esteem.
Here are some guidelines for a better sex and healthier lifestyles. This programs helps maintain healthy blood vessels and hormone levels as well as a lean body.
- Workout at least 30 – 45 minutes a day for 5 days a week. But it has to be moderate to vigorous intensity exercises. Do the exercise regularly. Regular exercises is the key. It contributes to metabolic health, which optimizes the blood flow control in the pelvis and gives you the energy as well as libido for a better sex.
- Do exercise before sexual activity. Pre-sex exercise enhances sexual experiences.
- Do weight training at once to twice a week because it helps to improve blood vessels health, boost testosterone receptor density.
- Perform Kegel exercise every day. These involves tightening the muscles of pelvic floor for 10 to 15 seconds.
This exercise prevent incontinence, improve muscle control during sex and speed up recovery after giving birth. You can please your partner by performing Kegel exercises during sex. Several studies found a link between strong pelvic floor muscles and the capacity for orgasms. Try to do at least 3 sets of Kegel exercise per day. It’s so easy you can do them anywhere.
- Eat healthy diet.
- Take supplements. Some research ( but not all ) say for example, Vitamin C and E help prevent free radical from damaging the sex hormones.
- Lose weight.
- Get enough sleep and minimize harmful stress. Excessive stress and lack of sleep interfere with sex hormones metabolism, increase cortisol and lowers libido. Don’t sweat the small stuff!
- Think like a winner. Mental state has a profound effect on hormone regulation and sexual performance. Testosteron levels which are very important for sex drive in women, go up after winning a singing competition ( for example ) but go down after a loss. Assertive behavior followed by a rise in status leads to an increase in testosterone levels. Developing a winning mental attitude sets you up for success in life and a great sex.
- Stay sexually active. The best advice for maintaining sexual health is to practice, practice and practice. Afterall it goes with ” Practice makes perfect…ouch! ” Frequent good sex improves sex hormones regulation and promote metabolic health which leads to more and better sex.